- Wireless Telecommunications Facilities (WTFs) of Any G in residential neighborhoods cause significant harms to families.
- Public Safety: In 2011, the International Agency for Research on Cancer’s classified RF microwave radiation — from any source — as Group 2B, “possibly carcinogenic to humans based on an increased risk for glioma, a malignant type of brain cancer.” Citing Studies from 2011 to 2018, Dr. Lennart Hardell & other members from that committee are calling to change RF Microwave radiation to Group 1 — a definite human carcinogen. There are many scientifically-established negative health consequences from pulsed, data-modulated, Radio-frequency Electromagnetic Microwave Radiation (RF-EMR) at levels that are compliant with the FCC RF-EMR Exposure Guideline. Compliance with FCC RF-EMR Exposure Guideline does not and cannot insure public safety.
- Privacy: In 2017, Governor Jerry Brown vetoed California’s Small Cell Bill (Senate Bill 649), so, fortunately, all California cities retained their authority to regulate the operations of cell phone towers to protect residents’ constitutionally-guaranteed rights to privacy and safety. As one can see at ALEC Bills By State, CA joined NY, PA, MA, WA and 23 other intelligent states that DID NOT PASS an unnecessary, Telecom-friendly, Public-unfriendly Streamline Small Cell Deployment Bill, a cookie-cutter bill that was written by the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC). Illinois, unfortunately, joined Texas, Florida and 20 other dumb states which passed such unnecessary, Telecom-friendly, Public-unfriendly bills. 4G/5G cell towers close to homes are for 24/7 surveillance and crowd control.
- Property Values: Wireless Telecommunications Facilities, by Illinois Law, are only needed to fill a proven significant gap in telecommunications coverage and must be constructed using the least intrusive means. WTFs constructed close to homes are very intrusive and significantly reduce property values. A peer-reviewed study in the 2005 Appraisal Journal, said homes near cell phone towers are devalued 20% to 25%.
- We take lots of Action → Meetings | Letters | Evidence
- We advocate for effective Legislation → Local | State | Federal
- We read, understand and apply Regulation → State | Federal
- Aug 13, 2020: Illinois State Rep. Deanne Mazochhi:
“I take the health and well-being of our residents very seriously. I take the values of our properties and our homes very seriously — and our residents must have a say in what is actually happening in their neighborhoods.”
State Rep. Deanne Mazzochi talks about legislation she has proposed to give local governments control of the installation of Densified 4G/5G wireless equipment in their towns. With her are Western Springs Village President Alice Gallagher (left), Clarendon Hills Village President Len Austin (center) and Hinsdale Village Trustee Luke Stifflear. (Matthew Serafin)
- VHP stands for Vertical • Horizontal • Power — if your town has not regulated all three, as a set, then it has achieved nothing.
- Glen Ellyn-VHP is a citizen-journalist and advocacy organization that aims to preserve local control over Wireline and Wireless Broadband Infrastructure.
- We have successfully educated and lobbied at the State and Local levels to Tame the Densified 4G/5G so-called “small” Wireless Telecommunications Facilities (sWTFs) Agenda.
- We advocate for BIG DATA (information services) via Fiber Optic cables — direct to homes — and small data (telecommunication services) via wireless.
- Glen Ellyn-VHP is hosting its web pages on the national Our Town, Our Choice web site because we also support Federal legislation that preserves local control over the placement, construction, modification and operations of Wireless Telecommunications Facilities (WTFs) of any size and Any G
- Please email us here → email@example.com
- Please join us and sign our petition here or fill out the form at the lower left — in the footer of this page.